Case Manager - Bilingual (English/Spanish) - Bethany Christian Services
- 10-Jan-2022 to 11-Feb-2022
- - Bethany Christian Services
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Bethany is changing the world through family. We began our work by serving one child more than 75 years ago. Today, Bethany is an international Christian nonprofit partnering with communities in more than 30 states and in several countries around the world. We strengthen and preserve families, support displaced people fleeing danger, and find safe, loving families for children who need them. Bethany is at the forefront of creating and implementing solutions to meet the growing needs of vulnerable children and families in the U.S. and around the world.
As a Transitional Foster Care Case Manager, you will be primarily responsible for providing intensive, short-term case management and reunification services to Unaccompanied Alien Children, primarily from Central America, ages 0-17. This individual is also responsible for ensuring the overall safety of the child in care.
This position is expected to function effectively with moderate supervision while following the guidelines given on procedures, along with agency, federal, and state regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate short-term case management services for client's educational, therapeutic, medical, and legal needs;
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings with the treatment team to discuss client's needs and treatment plan;
- Present client social history at internal and external team meetings, to include the youth's journey to the U.S., exploitation and/or trafficking concerns, family history, psychological history, academic history, and identified issues or behaviors that warrant treatment;
- Serve as a subject matter expert on DHS and UC policy and procedure for intake, reporting, and permanency (post adoption) planning;
- Attend and testify at court hearings, as necessary;
- Provide services that empower clients and adhere to the organization's standards of ethical practice;
- Meet with clients at least weekly to assist and ensure the appropriate safety of the youth and goal progression is occurring;
- Provide reunification services to potential sponsors in a timely manner;
- Available to interpret Spanish to English for clientele, as needed;
- Provide transportation to clients, as needed;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date client information in compliance with DHS, ORR, and Bethany's documentation and reporting requirements;
- Attend weekly meetings with supervisor to consult on cases, to review case plan and direction, and treatment plans;
- Stay abreast of all agency, federal, and state regulatory requirements related to social services;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Other: May be required or asked to participate in a Bethany sponsored donor engagement event.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services, Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college;
- Bi-lingual Spanish and English;
- Must have a broad knowledge of basic principles, concepts, and methodology of social work as acquired through a Bachelor's level degree;
- Prior work experience with refugee or minority families and demonstrates cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Eligible to obtain professional licensure or registration;
- Knowledge of state, community and agency resources;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated clinical, therapeutic, and crisis intervention skills;
- Ability to work independently and exercise a high level of confidentiality;
- Computer and typing skills sufficient to perform essential job functions;
- Active motor vehicle license and maintain a reliable automobile with adequate insurance coverage;
- Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries;
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Regularly required to talk and/or hear;
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, or sit; use finger dexterity, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
- Occasionally required to move or lift items up to 25 pounds in weight;
- Primarily office based, but may be required to travel to other offices and/or external parties;
- Routinely exposed to typical office noise levels and/or exposure to various
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.