Business Manager - Indiana Repertory Theatre
- 10-Jan-2022 to 24-Jan-2022
- - Indiana Repertory Theatre
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
ABOUT INDIANA REPERTORY THEATRE
The Indiana Repertory Theatre (IRT) was founded in 1972 and is the only theatre in Indiana to belong to the League of Resident Theatres (LORT). Historically, the IRT has produced nine productions annually across three stages (the OneAmerica Mainstage, the Upperstage, and the Cabaret) for diverse audiences. The repertoire includes work varying from world premieres to classics. The IRT serves audiences of multiple generations including students from pre-school through twelfth grade. With a significant endowment, the IRT is financially stable and looks forward to many more years of creating art for the Indianapolis community. Following many decades of diverse programming, the IRT leadership, in the past three years, has focused on further diversifying its staff and board, including ongoing anti-racist training for all.
Live theatre connects us to meaningful issues in our lives and has the power to shape the human experience. The mission of the Indiana Repertory Theatre is to produce top-quality, professional theatre and related activities, providing experiences that will engage, surprise, challenge, and entertain people throughout their lifetimes, helping us build a vital and vibrant community.
The Indiana Repertory Theatre will be a life-long destination of choice for an ever-expanding audience of all ages and backgrounds seeking enjoyable and meaningful experiences. Using theatre as a springboard for both personal reflection and community discussion, our productions and programs will inspire our neighbors to learn about themselves and others. As an arts leader in the state of Indiana, the IRT's goal is to make Indiana a dynamic home of cultural expression, economic vitality, and a diverse, informed, and engaged citizenry.
COMMITMENT TO CREATING AND SUPPORTING A DIVERSE WORKFORCE
The IRT is committed to building an inclusive, welcoming Theatre that celebrates diversity in all areas of our work. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender, and non-binary candidates.
The Business Manager is responsible for managing the Accounts Payable process, and reviewing, entering and monitoring all entries to the General Ledger, preparing reconciliations, facilitating the monthly close, and providing reports/assistance to the Director of Finance as needed.
POSITION FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review & confirm posting of all daily deposits
- Prepare invoices and maintain A/R ledger for rentals and other theater activity
- Review A/P submissions for proper account classification and approvals
- Prepare A/P checks
- Reconcile and post ticket sales for all performances at the theater
- Create weekly Royalty Reports associated with play rights
- Reconcile and record investment activity (monthly)
- Prepare Gift Shop cost of goods sold entry and post to G/L (Monthly)
- Prepare and enter all reoccurring and non-standard monthly entries
- Reconcile contribution reporting between G/L and Development (Tessitura)
- Prepare and assist monthly with the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules
- Prepare and send annual 1099's
- Assist outside auditors with tasks related to the annual audit
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) work is critical in supporting our mission. IRT is committed to building an inclusive, welcoming theatre through meaningful, action-oriented education. All staff are required to participate in facilitated trainings, community readings and conversations, and anti-bias trainings. We expect employees to apply these learnings in all areas of our work at the theatre. Creating an anti-racist culture follows our core company values.
- Review with House Management all space rentals and catering agreements to ensure proper documents are on hand (contracts, insurance, ATC approval of donated alcohol etc.)
- Serve as backup related to payroll and benefit activity
- Other duties as determined by the Director of Finance
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Bachelor's degree or above in accounting or finance, or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a finance environment, non-profit experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational capabilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability and desire to work in a team-structured, informal, open environment. The Theatre's corporate culture is one that values equally the quality of our work, the quality of how we work (the process), and our collaborative management style
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and experience with general ledger software preferred
- Passion for the arts
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- COVID-19 vaccination and proof of vaccination are required for employment at the IRT.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office machinery
- Must be able to sit or stand in a stationary position for long periods of time
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to Jeffrey Bledsoe, Director of Finance by January 24, 2022.