Contracting and Financial Operations Coordinator - Indiana Arts Commission
- 10-Jan-2022 to 20-Jan-2022
- - Indiana Arts Commission
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary may be commensurate based on education and experience
- Full Time
Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana's communities every day.
At the State of Indiana, we don't just talk about diversity and inclusion – Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the State of Indiana population. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Indiana Arts Commission
The mission of the Indiana Arts Commission is to positively impact the cultural, economic and educational climate of Indiana by providing responsible leadership for and public stewardship of artistic resources for all of our state's citizens and communities.
About the Job:
As the Contracting and Financial Operations Coordinator, you will provide dynamic mission and constituent-focused service through management of the agency's contracting division (grants and professional services), execution of the accounts payable and receivable financial roles within the administration division, application of agency principles to analytical work and thorough review of financial functions, and managing external communications technology, in partnership with the Grants, Research, and Technology (GRanT) Manager, to ensure audio, video and online communications platforms and tools deliver access to the agency's programs, services and convenings statewide. You will have experience with grants making, financial operations and technology and a demonstrated capacity to perform the key functions of the work at a high level: engaging in complex data, business, system and technology analysis, implementation and tracking; adhering to and communicating of federal and state funding and financial policies; executing a broad array of constituent-facing services; and committing to accessible meetings, convenings and other public-facing activities through a thorough knowledge and command of the appropriate technology. You will possess enthusiasm for public service to the arts through an agency of state government and an ability to work collaboratively with a broad and diverse network of people.
A Day in the Life
The essential functions of this role are as follows:
Vision and Strategy
- Works alongside the Grants, Research and Technology Manager to operationalize and track all phases of the agency's contracting cycles to provide a positive stakeholder-facing experience and to meet agency goals.
- Works with colleagues within the agency, across different agencies and external stakeholders to envision and implement a culture of continual improvement in the agency's contracting and financial operational functions.
- Continually assesses and advocates for meeting and convening technology that makes the agency's work more accessible to stakeholders.
- Ensures all phases of contracting, financial operations and technology meet agency goals.
- Ensures all phases of contracting, financial operations and technology are compliant with all agency, state and federal policies and processes.
- Manages training and external communication strategies for external stakeholders on contracting and financial operations.
- Manages all phases of set up, tracking and reporting requirements for federal, interagency and other external grants and funding agreements within the state's accounting system.
- Serves as front-line technical support for agency's online grant management system.
- Maintains high levels of organizational and time management skills; demonstrates ability to initiate, plan, coordinate, and implement projects and services and consistently meet deadlines.
- Exhibits ability to identify information, materials, and resources needed to complete a project or assignment.
- Exhibits and inspires an innovation and change-oriented culture.
- Exhibits the ability to work independently and complete multiple competing projects on schedule and to lead and/or work as part of a team.
- Is proactive, creative, and flexible.
- Engages in personal skill enhancement.
- Exhibits ability to provide a high level of customer service to the wide variety of users of the agency's online grant management system and on other technology tools and platforms.
- Exhibits ability to train internal and external users on a variety of technology tools and platforms.
- Develops and maintains strong and productive relationships with federal, regional, state, interagency, and local partners.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal communications; strong analytical and critical thinking skills; and demonstrates articulate and persuasive written and verbal skills.
- Exhibits ability to communicate with diverse constituencies with clarity and grace.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time.
What You'll Need for Success:
This person must have the following requirements to be considered for employment:
- Associate degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting, nonprofit management, public administration, community development, economic development, arts, arts education, arts administration, or related field
- Bachelor's Degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting, nonprofit management, public administration, community development, economic development, arts, arts education, arts administration, or related field preferred
- Experience in grants making, accounting, business administration or finance or in related field may be substituted for education
- Enthusiasm for, and commitment to, serving the arts sector through an agency of state government.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook: intermediate to advanced.
- Experience with financial software, and grant/ contract budget development: a plus.
- Working knowledge, or ability and willingness to learn, PeopleSoft Financials and SharePoint.
- High degree of data-entry proficiency without errors.
- Creative thinking skills and the ability to offer new ideas and approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to bring consensus to priorities and timelines with constituent/stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and engage gracefully and respectfully with a wide range of people.
- Capacity for change management and the requisite interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strong emotional intelligence.
- Ability to develop a high level of credibility as an effective and responsive internal and external consultant.
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
This role does not provide direct supervision to direct reports.
Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
The State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees which includes:
- Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) and vision/dental coverages
- Wellness program (offers premiums discount for the medical plan)
- Health savings account (includes bi-weekly state contribution)
- Deferred compensation account (similar to 401k plan) with employer match
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
- Group life insurance
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral health visits
- Paid vacation, personal and sick time off
- Competitive leave policies covering a variety of employee needs
- 12 company paid holidays, 14 on election years
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- New Parent Leave
- Free Parking
- Free LinkedIn Learning
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to interview and to perform the essential functions of this role.
Click the APPLY button to apply online by Jan 20.