Program Manager, City Connects - Marian University - Center for Vibrant Schools
- 10-Jan-2022 to 11-Feb-2022
- - Martin University
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
City Connects is a school-based student support, collaboration program among schools, community agencies, and Boston College. The City Connects program is an innovative model of systemic student support implemented in K-12 schools in Indiana and Ohio. City Connects personnel assess the strengths and needs of each student in the school and connect students with a tailored set of supports and resources from inside and outside the school.
City Connects and Marian University seeks three grant-funded, full-time Program Managers (one Program Manager will be based in Ohio; two Program Managers will be based in Indiana) to provide leadership in the areas of program implementation, professional development, and supervision to 43 schools implementing the City Connects model across Indiana and Ohio. This position will promote Marian University's Catholic Franciscan mission and identity by its primary responsibilities including individualized student support and programming, leadership and professional development, school-wide collaboration and community relations.
The responsibilities of the Program Manager are to:
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission and identity of Marian University by modeling the Franciscan Sponsorship Values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregation, promoting unity in diversity, and integrating the Catholic Franciscan intellectual traditions in courses, programs, and services;
- Recruit and support the hiring of school-based coordinators who are conducting the work of City Connects with schools and students;
- Provide professional development and coaching on the City Connects model of student support for coordinators within each school;
- Supervise and support the evaluation of coordinators at each school;
- Monitor the fidelity of implementation of the City Connects model of student support at each school;
- Collaborate with principals and other school leaders to support coordinators in the delivery of the model;
- Assist in developing and maintaining community agency relationships through events, communications and committees;
- Support the collection of high-quality student support data and utilize data to monitor progress;
- Communicate on a regular basis with the larger City Connects organization on policy, practice, and implementation of the City Connects model of student support.
- Master's degree in human services, education, or related field;
- Knowledge of schools;
- Supervisory experience;
- Community outreach experience;
- Ability to write and manage grants;
- Cultural competency working with diverse urban communities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and background:
- Strong leadership skills;
- School-based experience;
- Ability to work as a member of a team;
- Experience managing inter-agency partnerships;
- Fluency in a second language.
Click the APPLY button to apply online now.