Bookkeeper / Office Manager (part-time) - Indiana Forest Alliance
- 10-Jan-2022 to 11-Feb-2022
- - Indiana Forest Alliance
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Salary is in the middle $20,000 range
- Part Time
- monthly stipend toward healthcare or retirement benefits
Role: Ensures the smooth operation and financials of the Indiana Forest Alliance (IFA), a statewide, Indianapolis-based non-profit organization with a mission to protect and restore Indiana's forests. Manages IFA's bank accounts, finances, accounts receivable and payable, and budgets. Ensures compliance with reporting requirements. Joins and supports a driven team of forest advocates.
Duties and Functions:
1) Manages, maintains and reconciles IFA's bank accounts in QuickBooks Online. Reports to the Director of Operations and Communications and ensures that the appropriate staff and Board have access to IFA's bank accounts.
2) Works with Development Director and other staff to make and code all income and expenses to the appropriate categories. Produce P&L reports and balance sheets for the Executive Director, Treasurer or other staff on monthly basis and upon request.
3) Pays office rent, contract payments, reimbursements, and other IFA expenses out of IFA's bank account in a timely manner. Maintains a positive bank account balance at all times and reports on any problems or concerns immediately to the Director of Operations.
4) Working with the Treasurer of the Board, prepares financial reports providing IFA's monthly P&L and YTD income and expenses and balance sheets for each Board Meeting and Annual Member Meeting.
5) Works closely with IFA Director of Operations and Executive Director and staff to compile the annual budget.
6) Gathers for CPA firm information needed for tax filings; gathers information to prepare 1099s for vendors.
7) Works with Director of Operations to file biannual lobbying reports, annual nonprofit corporation reports, and other required non-profit reporting.
8) Manages IFA's timesheet system.
9) Handles monthly online payroll through ADP; implements salary increases as directed by Director of Operations and Executive Director.
10) Maintains and organizes IFA's files on the Google drive.
11) Enxures IFA office equipment (for example, printers and phones) are in working condition.
12) Orders office supplies as needed.
13) Works with Director of Operations on maintaining the IFA online store and ensuring order fulfillment.
Skills & Education: Associate's degree in accounting required. At least two years of work experience required. The candidate will have advanced skills in QuickBooks and be proficient with Excel spreadsheet design. Experience with Harness, Bloomerang a plus. The candidate will be well-organized, flexible, responsive to requests, and will maintain the highest ethical standards.
Work Environment: IFA offices are located in the English Foundation building in downtown Indianapolis. Free parking onsite. No health benefits provided, but a monthly stipend toward health care or retirement is provided.
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume to IFA Director of Operations & Communications Deidre Pettinga. Review of applications will be begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. NO PHONE CALLS. IFA is an equal opportunity employer.