Director of Operations - Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Indiana (RMHCCIN)
- 02-Apr-2022 to 26-Apr-2022
- - Ronald McDonald House of Indiana, Inc.
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
This position will be responsible for driving Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Indiana's (RMHCCIN) processes and help deliver programs and plans to reach RMHCCIN's goals. We are a mission focused organization and as a member of our senior leadership team, the Director of Operations will ensure a welcoming, inclusive, and nurturing environment for guest families as well as stewarding the growth of a high functioning operations team.
The Director of Operations has direct oversight of the areas that support most of our operations: facilities, meal programs, capital projects, guest services. They lead cross-functionally to identify opportunities to increase efficiency and experience by implementing and enforcing improved systems and processes. This person will work closely with our team members and our families, providing a positive experience throughout the house and driving the mission. Successful candidates will be passionate about the RMHCCIN mission, strong communicators, problem solvers, and experienced leaders – preferably with experience in non-profits.
1. Program Operations
- Develop, implement, and maintain current policy guidelines, systems, procedures, and materials necessary to support effective delivery of guest services and programs. Assist the guest services team in maintaining a community living setting by applying operations rules and policies as needed.
- Oversee the strategic development and implementation of services and programs for guest families. Identify new and changing needs and make recommendations for new programs and/or program changes.
- Offer guidance to guest services team in managing referral process, determining eligibility for overnight stay, alternative housing options, and room occupancy and waitlist.
- In support of the culinary team, ensure day-to-day kitchen and related areas are executed. Further cultivate a comprehensive program where meals are offered in alignment with families need and nutritional well-being.
- Work collaboratively with partner hospitals patient care departments, (including, social work, nursing, environmental services, volunteer, and child life) provide ongoing coordination and support of RMHCCIN programs and services.
- Leverage guest surveys and other reporting data to review, analyze, evaluate, and develop strategies to ensure growth of RMHCCIN programs. Oversee preparation of occupancy statistics to assess the return on guest family donations and third-party reimbursements.
- Provide direction for overall functions of the facilities, which operate 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Work with facilities team to maintain safety and security on premises. Respond to emergency situations (e.g., medical-, facility, and weather-related) by mitigating appropriately and offering necessary assistance.
- Indirectly supervise housekeeping and security services to maintain a clean and safe environment for guest, staff, volunteers, and external stakeholders. Ensure policies, emergency preparedness, and training materials are current and clearly communicated to the team.
- Drive continual improvement of facilities and operations, balancing best practices while adhering to fiscal stewardship. Serve as a strategic business partner internally, as well as with external parties, vendors, hospital staff, etc.
3.People Development & Leadership
- In collaboration with Director of Administration, identify skilled talent by interviewing and managing the employee life cycle through training, coaching, and performance reviews.
- Establish development plan for all direct reports to assure professional development. Create an inclusive and team-centric environment where team members are encouraged, engaged, and empowered to drive change.
- Work in partnership with Volunteer Resource Manager to coordinate the effort of volunteers and groups to support program operations.
- Oversee security services schedule and knowledge of facilities, policies, and procedures to ensure materials are current and effectively communicated. Provide on-going training and developing as it directly relates to serving RMHCCIN.
- Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with senior leadership, RMHCCIN staff, Board members, volunteers, strategic business partners, and hospital staff.
- Actively participate in setting strategic plans and organizational goals. Translate RMHCCIN goals to actional departmental and individual goals with accompanying metrics and budgets.
- Communicate and disseminate relevant information to staff and actively engage in staff meetings. Work as a member of the entire Ronald McDonald House, treating fellow staff members with respect and fairness to the requirement of their jobs.
- Develop and monitor annual budget for culinary, programs, and facilities. Gather and provide input regarding annual capital improvement plans. Seek support from the development team to garner funding for guest services, culinary, and other program needs.
- Identify, recommend, and implement new processes, technologies, and systems to enhance and streamline operations, benchmarks against other Ronald McDonald Charities as other nonprofits for best practices.
- Oversee management of donated items and cultivate in-kind relationships
- Participate in donor relations, events, and fundraising efforts as an ambassador of the organization; network and foster relationships on behalf of RMHCCIN.
- Project positive image of the organization to partners, sponsors, guests, and community.
- Promote RMHCCIN mission throughout the community and organization.
- Execute additional responsibilities as requested by the CEO.
CORE COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills, Capabilities):
Relationship and Team Building, Leadership; Communication; Compassionate and Empathetic; Decision- making; Problem-solving; Results-oriented; Financial responsibility; Strategic thinking; Computer analytics.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to create and maintain collaborative relationships within the organization and with external partners.
- 5+ years proven nonprofit leadership or board experience or an equivalent leadership role in operations, guest services, and facility management.
- Experience in hospitality desirable.
- Excitement about the RMHCCIN mission with a passion for service.
- Proven ability to develop and execute innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Experience leading and training a team of volunteers.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be adaptable.
- Comfortable communicating with diverse individuals and groups (cultures, social, etc.).
- Ability to build strong, effective relationships with RMHCCIN team, stakeholders, families, and our community.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while working on a personal computer and to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, ability to test and smell, and dexterity required.
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Perform work on uneven and wet surfaces.
- Ability to climb ladder occasionally and maneuver two flights of stairs at a time.
- Ability to walk, stand, and bend for long periods of time.
- Ability to use your hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling.
- Must have a valid driver's license and good driving record to operate company vehicles.
- Ability to drive/sit in a vehicle to travel between work locations.
- Ability to travel by car or plane with the possibility of overnight hotel stays (less than 10%).
ATTENTION: Be Prepared - To assist you and the search committee in discerning your match for the position, we suggest you prepare your responses to these questions prior to hitting "APPLY" to make your application. Applications will not be considered without question responses.
- Describe a time when your actions and display of compassion made a difference to an individual or group dealing with a crisis or devastating circumstance.
- Briefly share your personal definition of diversity and inclusion. Share your success in fostering an inclusive workplace culture.
- Please share a time when you used your influence within the area you supervise to effectively lead a change initiative.
- Provide an example of a strategic program you developed and executed with a cross-functional team. What was your role and what was the greatest learning opportunity?
This job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job, and it may change at any time with or without notice.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Indiana is an equal opportunity employer and at will employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, RMHC Central Indiana takes affirmation action to ensure that employees are treated equitably and fair during employment without regard to any of these characteristics
Click the APPLY button to submit cover letter and resume by Apr 26.